One year ago today was the very first time I uploaded a post on to this site and that makes it Travel on Inspiration’s 1 year blogging anniversary. With so many blogs failing within their first year, I consider it a great achievement that I have made it this far and that I am still finding blogging as exciting and educational as when I first started. If anyone else has managed to break the 1 year milestone then you should be pretty proud of yourself too.
To celebrate this anniversary I wanted to highlight some of the awesome things I have achieved through blogging this year.
- Number of posts published = 197 (That’s more than 1 every 2 days, I can’t believe I have uploaded so much content)
- Number of comments received = 378 (Not including the millions of spam ones, thank god for Akismet)
Social Media Statistics
- Twitter Followers = 1093
- Facebook Likes = 163
- Google Plus Followers = 242
- Youtube Subscribers = 15 (My channel is very new so if anyone would like to subscribe, that would be awesome. You will also get to see my handsome face.)
- StumbleUpon Followers = 30 ( I have really tried with StumbleUpon but it is so hard to get followers, if anyone would like to follow me you can do so here and I will be sure to follow you back)
- I have had two articles featured within the Ipad, Abroad Travel Magazine (The November and December Issues).
- I have collaborated with TravelSuperMarket.com and HostelBookers.com.
- Reviewed the European travel tool ‘Go Euro’ designed to make travelling easier.
- Interviewed and published guest posts from some incredibly inspiring fellow travellers.
- I ran my very first giveaway competition.
- I also allowed you guys to vote on which European city I visited over the summer. (Thanks for choosing Rome)
- But probably the best thing has simply been interacting with all my readers and like-minded travellers.
My Special Announcement
With one year blogging down, and with some free time available now that my Masters degree is finished, I think it’s about time I updated this site. For the past year I have used a free WordPress theme and whilst I would recommend using a free theme to new bloggers to begin with, I am getting frustrated with the limited design options available to me.
Therefore over the Christmas period I will be updating this site with a brand new, fully responsive and customisable theme. With so many posts already, I am looking for a better way of highlighting some of the great content buried within the site and also making the whole thing look cleaner and run faster.
Whilst I would love to leave the site up and running during this time, I have had my experiences in the past with the dreaded WordPress white screen of death and therefore I am not sure if this will be possible. However if I cannot leave the existing site up I will make sure that a holding page is in place so you can be sure that I haven’t gone anywhere.
So that pretty much sums up my first year blogging and my plans for the near future. I would love to hear any opinions you may have about my site and the ways I could improve it. Also if you have had your first blogging anniversary or if it is coming up soon let me know in the comments below.