If you have a relatively new blog like myself, you may have been hearing the words Liebster Blog Awards flying around the blog-o-sphere for a while now, and just like myself you were probably wondering what the hell this means. Well don’t get your hopes too high as there will be no glitzy award ceremony where you can walk the red carpet in style. It is however a great way to interact with your fellow bloggers and market yourself and your blog to a wider audience. (Something every aspiring blogger wants right)
To receive and pass on the Liebster Award there are 3 main rules that you need to follow.
- You must share 11 completely random facts about yourself.
- You must answer the 11 questions set to you by whoever nominated you for the award.
- You must then nominate 11 new bloggers and set them 11 questions to answer.
Pretty simple right, and a great way for the noobs of the blogging world to connect with more and more people. I was nominated a couple of times for this award but I would like to thank Eric and Stephie over at The Wandering Soles for bringing this award to my attention and it is their 11 questions that I will be answering.
My 11 Random Facts
- I consider myself to be quite a big geek. I love computer games, comics, maths etc, everything a person needs to be considered a nerd.
- Although I am a pround geek, I am also a massive sports lover. I have been playing football (soccer for you Americans) since the age of about 5 and I have recently gotton into American football after my recently Holidays there.
- My last holiday was to Orlando Florida with my girlfriend, to visit Disney and Universal. We are both huge theme park lovers and hope to visit some of the more exotic parks around the world when we go traveling.
- I was to first person in my entire extended family to go to University. I graduated with a first and I am now currently studying for a Masters.
- The idea of long term travel was born instantly in my mind when I watched the TV show Departures.
- My favourite superhero is Iron Man, this probably has a lot to do with Robert Downey Jr.
- My favourite films are 80’s teen comedies like Ferris Bueller and Revenge of the Nerds, or old school Kung Fu movies, pretty much anything with Jackie Chan in it.
- My favourite computer game ever has to be Final Fantasy 7. Although there are so many good ones to choose from.
- Everything I know about blogging and coding is entirely self taught.
- I studied German and French in High School for 3 years and can no longer remember a word of it.
- I spend way too many hours watching TV or on my Xbox when I should be doing something productive like studying or blogging.
Well there you have my 11 random facts and I hope you feel like you know me a little better now. If you have a love for everything geeky or Jackie Chan let me know in the comments and I would love to talk about it.
11 Questions From My Nominator
1. Why do you blog?
I blog to help keep me inspired to travel over the coming year when I will be saving for my trip.
2. Where does your love of travel come from?
Although I have been on a number of holidays I wouldn’t really consider this traveling. Therefore I can’t really say if I will love travel or not. I guess I will just jump in at the deep end and see if I sink or swim.
3. Where was your first trip and how old were you?
I was taken to Malta when I was about 1 but I don’t really remember it. A family holiday to Disney when I was about 5 is probably my earliest travel memory.
4. What are the top 3 things you could not live without while travelling?
Well as I am yet to go I don’t really know yet, but I could not live without the internet, junk food and hair straightners (yes I am a man)
5. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Japan, It’s going to be my first destination when I leave.
6. Of all the places you’ve been, which is your favourite and why?
Orlando, Florida. Me and my girlfriend had an amazing time. The weather is incredible and the American food is amazing. I loved Ihop pancakes for breakfast, we really need an Ihop in England.
7. What and where was your best food experience?
I guess I kind of answered this above but I have to add that the steaks in America are also incredible.
8. What is your favourite travel photo? Share it and include a caption.
9. What single thing do you love most about travelling?
I just can’t wait to explore other Countries and cultures. Asia will be so different to what I am used to and it can only help me to grow as a person.
10. How much web design/management experience did you have when you started up your blog?
Before this blog I had started a couple of others mainly to learn a new skill and to try and make a bit of side income from Adsense. I am proud to say that I covered my hosting expenses and domain purchases within about 3 months. As the hosting and domains last for 2 years it should be all profit from here.
11. How much is too much when it comes to planning for travel?
I am currently in the planning process for my trip at the moment and I have been considering this question a lot recently. I think I have found a good balance when I research where I want to go, a couple of things to see and then the best way of getting there. I leave the duration of my stay blank as I really don’t know until I am there if I will like the place and what to stay longer or if I will just want to leave as soon as possible.
My 11 Questions for My Nominees
- In 100 words or less tell us about yourself?
- Again in 100 words or less tell us about your blog and what you mainly write about?
- What first inspired you to travel?
- What is your favourite place you’ve been?
- Where do you really wish to visit?
- What has been your best traveling experience?
- And what has been your worst?
- What is the thing you are most proud of?
- How much would you budget to spend 1 year traveling the world?
- If you won the lottery what would you buy first?
- Would you rather be attacked by 10 duck sized horses or 1 horse sized duck?
My 11 Nominees are…
- Anyone else who wants to comment along for fun. (I know its going against the Liebster Rules but rules can be bent a little)
If you enjoyed this post, please share it with your friends. It only takes a second and it will mean a lot to me.